Bulimia nervosa is a serious mental health disorder that requires comprehensive bulimia nervosa treatment. According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition (DSM-5), the following symptoms are present in most diagnosed cases:
- Recurrent episodes of binge eating, characterized by eating large amounts of food in a short period and a sense of loss of control overeating behaviors
- Use of inappropriate, compensatory behaviors, such as self-induced vomiting, laxative, or diuretic abuse, fasting, and/or obsessive exercise
- Binge eating and compensatory behaviors that occur at least once a week for three months
- Self-evaluation is inappropriately influenced by the person’s weight and shape
- The disturbance does not occur exclusively during episodes of anorexia nervosa
Signs and Symptoms of Bulimia
Some common bulimia symptoms include:
Health Consequences of Bulimia
As the condition worsens, the bulimia symptoms can eventually become more severe, which is why getting bulimia nervosa treatment is vital. Complications that can arise from an extended battle with bulimia include the following:
Bulimia Nervosa Treatment
Our highly skilled and experienced clinicians at our bulimia clinic work closely with each client to create an individualized bulimia nervosa treatment plan based on their specific needs. Clients play a vital role in their bulimia nervosa treatment recovery by setting realistic treatment goals that will address the underlying issues of their disorder.
To ensure that each client has the best chance at bulimia recovery, the individualized treatment plans can include the following evidence-based clinical treatment modalities:
Bulimia Treatment Programs
At our treatment center, we offer several bulimia nervosa treatment options based on where each client is in their bulimia recovery. The bulimia treatment programs we offer include:
Interested in learning more about our bulimia nervosa treatment center? We’re here to help. Call us or fill out the form to get started today.