What We Treat
At Magnolia Creek, we work with clients and their families to create individualized care plans that meet each client’s psychological, medical, nutritional, spiritual, and relational needs. Our residential and partial hospitalization programs provide evidence-based treatment for adolescent girls (ages 12 to 17) and women (ages 18 and older) who struggle with feeding or eating disorders, co-occurring mental health conditions, and co-occurring substance use disorder. The disorders we treat include, but aren’t limited to:
Studies have found that eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness, and:
20 million women will suffer from a clinically significant eating disorder in their lifetimes and of these 20 million, it’s estimated that:
We know that a variety of factors contribute to the development of an eating disorder including, but not limited to societal pressures, neurobiology, trauma histories, family dynamics, and high levels of stress. Regardless of the type of eating disorder, controlling weight is one motivator for an eating disorder and another is being in control of something no one else can.
At Magnolia Creek, our therapeutic environment is designed to provide a whole-person approach to treatment. We explore the issues and experiences related to eating disorders and challenge the thoughts and behaviors that prevent women from living their life fully.
Our Goals for Eating Disorder Treatment
The key goals of our eating disorder treatment program include helping clients:
Safe, Compassionate Eating Disorder Treatment
We honor our clients as experts on their lives as well as their treatment. We are here as resources to utilize as each client navigates their recovery journey.
- We acknowledge that each client’s eating disorder has served a valid purpose for them. We collaborate with each client to help them find other ways to cope with life stressors and expectations.
- Our staff works with our clients to identify and to process contributing factors to the development of their eating disorder through individual therapy with master’s level clinicians.
- We foster shame resilience through group therapy to promote opportunities to interact with peers and feel less alone in our struggles.
- We partner each client with a dietitian to develop an individualized meal plan to honor and nourish the needs of their body and to improve their health.
- We help each client engage with their community to help them identify new coping skills, allow opportunities to practice skills learned in treatment, and have fun.
- We work with each of our clients to expand their support system to ensure continued support post-discharge.
If you’d like to learn more about our compassionate eating disorder treatment program, our caring staff is ready to help. Call us or fill out the form to get started today.